Thursday, April 16, 2020

You are what you eat...


Disclaimer:  people's sexuality and personal political beliefs are none of my business.  What you do with your body, and how you involve yourself politically are not the point here.  I am trying to document this historic event.
_________________________________________________________

It's hard to believe this was happening just a few months ago:
https://www.today.com/popculture/ellen-degeneres-defends-sitting-next-george-w-bush-nfl-game-t164126


I was honestly surprised at the reaction to President Bush sharing time at a football game with Ellen DeGeneres.  Isn't this what the rich and famous do? 

The simple fact is exactly what Ellen said.  We have to interact with people, even those who don't share our same beliefs. 

Within the past week, our President has claimed total authority over the United States when it comes to re-opening the country.  Suddenly, we all became 10th Amendment experts.  President Trump took the 26 word Oath of Office, and he certainly cannot selectively uphold only parts of the Constitution pertinent to his beliefs.

I did not vote for President Obama.  I lost my doctor due to the Affordable Care Act, and that singlehandedly made him the bad guy.  On the other hand, millions of Americans suddenly had access to healthcare.  I eventually found a new doctor, and President Obama is one of our great leaders.

That said, I watched a lot of Fox News during his presidency.  I'm an NBC News guy, but I enjoyed the alternative views of FOX.  At the time.  Now, I can't stand FOX.  They consistently repeat President Trump, word for word, as absolute truth.

If we need to learn anything right now, it is the fact we should be watching the actions of our Congress.  As I type, they aren't even in session.  Most, if not all, aren't even in DC.  President Trump has threatened to adjourn Congress so he can make some recess appointments.   This should concern every citizen, even though Democratic leadership says they won't approve any type of recess.

I leave you today with some well-documented government responses to the Coronavirus.  Many don't pay attention to these reports simply because of the news agency.  Many deny the dangers of this virus, and they endanger all of us.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/opinion/trump-coronavirus.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-s-total-authority-boast-should-ve-enraged-republicans-instead-ncna1184806

No matter where you fall on this historic event, I hope your opinion is well-informed and sticks with the truth above all else.  We live in the greatest country in the history of our world. 

Together, we will keep it that way.

Take care of yourself.  And each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment

January 2021

 Since my last entry, much has happened.  Nothing I type here should obscure the fact an additional 200,000 Americans have been killed by Co...